Background : Radio and TV stations as hundreds of other businesses in the world, are going through tough times. On-line broadcasting as a business is re-discovered, explored and used with great success. This will ultimately change the course of broadcasting in the future. Advertisers and businesses are looking at new ways to expand their revenue as well as their listenership.
Radio Class is a weekly, on-line, interactive, broadcast workshop for 10 weeks. It is designed to keep the radio station’s workflow. Radio Class accommodates people at home or at their home offices in-front of their desktop or laptops around the globe. A good internet connection is required as well as the built in camera and microphone of the laptop. If a desktop is used an affordable microphone and a mobile phone as a camera, can be used.
Lesson 1 : 2020 : THINK NEW BROADCASTING
- Where are the advertisers?
- Broadcasting from home?
- How to think new?
Lesson 2 : 2020 : THINK NEW (2)
- New media, competition and challenges
- What do our listeners want?
- Defragmentation of radio services
- New revenue streams
LESSON 3 : 2020 : CORONA OR NO CORONA
- How much can the listeners take?
- Essential news?
LESSON 4 : 2020 – BROADCASTING ETHICS & STUDIO MANNERS – 1
- How many people are listening?
- Which voice?
- Lips are not for kissing…
LESSON 5 : 2020 – ETHICS & STUDIO MANNERS – 2
- Slick, smooth & cool as ice.
- Why are we presenters?
- Why do invite guests?
- Double your listenership.
LESSON 6 : 2020 – ETHICS & STUDIO MANNERS – 3
- Your opinion.
- Getting really personal…
- Your family.
- One to five presenters
- “Party in the studio!”
LESSON 6 : 2020 – ADVERTISEMENTS 1
- Why advertisements?
- Final proposal.
LESSON 7 : 2020 – ADVERTISEMENTS – 2
- Taking the lead.
- Ask a writer…
- What not to write.
LESSON 8 : 2020 – ADVERTISING PRODUCTION
- The producer.
- How to read an ad?
- Direction / no direction?
LESSON 9 : 2020 – ADVERTISEMENTS – 3
- Live reads.
- Oral language.
- Radio IDs, sweeps & stings.
LESSON 10 : 2020 – INTERVIEWS – 1
- Equipment in studio.
- To “demonstrate” your knowledge?
- How to ask a question?
With a background in professional radio, Audio Box Productions provide affordable training and consulting services in the various facets of radio management, services and products. With our extensive experience we offer theoretical and practical training to the individual and commercial companies across South Africa to address the needs of the community, commercial and public radio station.
We offer various services in radio training and products. From Station start-up and management to voice service, advertisement recording and broadcasting your event. We can even help you on the technical side with studio set-up. Contact us to discuss your needs!
1. Northern Sotho / Sepedi : Speak an African Language
- Group classes
- Free Introductory classes for the African Language : Northern Sotho / Sepedi :
- Corporate weekly Courses
Create goodwill! Northern Sotho / Sepedi 3rd language. Weekly courses for Corporate Institutions, businesses and organisations in Pretoria and surroundings. An excellent way to learn Sepedi / Northern Sotho – at your premises for 10, 20, 30 staff members. There will be homework, revision, oral and writing of tests. Ideal for banks, insurance companies, motor dealers, educational institutes and companies with a big staff complement.
- One-on-one private Sepedi / Northern Sotho Tuition
Individual one-on-one private tuition for people who are serious to learn the language. One or two hours per week.
- Student Group classes
Four students per class – one hour or two hours per week.
“A RE YENG” is a Sepedi / Northern Sotho word – one of the official languages in South Africa, meaning “Let’s Go!” Forward, progress and improve!
“A RE YENG!” “LET’S GO!” Contact us.
2. S.A. Language Translations : Sepedi, SeTswana, IsiZulu, Sesotho, etc.
Professional, language translation services and audio/video recordings into all 11 South-African languages. Corporate documents, brochures, training & marketing material, etc.
3. Radio & Broadcasting.
- We are consultants in broadcasting and radio – trading as JC Audio Box Productions.
- www. audioboxproductions.co.za
- Over thirty-five years experience in radio and broadcasting : programme making, presenting, training, radio & advertisement production, establishing of new radio stations, advertising and sales, broadcast IT and outside broadcasts with technical expertise.
- We design, build and supply radio broadcasting and audio equipment for studios : on-air or recording/production studios, as well as stages, events, lighting, PA sound and internet streaming equipment.
- Training for radio & TV presenters. Presenting, interviews, Afrikaans language principles & pronunciation.
- Opleiding vir Afrikaanse radio- en TV aanbieders. Aanbieding, onderhoudvoering, korrekte, suiwer Afrikaanse taalgebruik, uitspraak van woorde, ontronding & oorronding, uitsaaitaal vs “straattaal”, programaanbieding en professionalisme.
Podcast / video cast & broadcast information about your company, services, products, staff and information. Custom made professional audio & video productions – from a basic, simple podcast to professional info-mercials & advertorials. Voice overs, soundtracks and music recordings for prize giving functions and award seremonies. With the best music, sound effects, productions and voices available in the market.
4. Audio productions and recordings
We design and conceptualise radio programmes, radio commercials and corporate programmes, do audio recordings for radio stations and the corporate market – jingles, imaging, training cd’s, sweeps, news bulletins, radio content and dramas. Contact us
5. Copy writing & advertisments
With our experience in copy writing and producing of radio & TV programmes, we can provide expert advise and services. Contact us
6. Sound, music, announcements and MC for flea markets and events
The professionals in the market. With experienced broadcasters, presenters, musicians, bands, MC’s and the best quality of sound equipment. For sound & music & announcements contact us!!